Friday, October 4, 2019

Ultrasound check in

This morning we had what should be the final check in (blood work and ultrasound) before the transfer Tuesday. The u/s tech from today is the same one I saw during the my first surro-pregnancy. She is very direct and no-nonsense. When I went in for the heartbeat confirmation and to see how may babies implanted, I was waiting for her to chat a bit and gently inform us if one or both babies were in there. However, she said nothing while she started the ultrasound then said "there's two" and didn't say anything else, with no emotion on her face! Yes, I know we transferred two but it was still a shock to hear that I was pregnant with twins. The dads and I were silent for a moment while we absorbed the news, then absolutely overjoyed and laughed after about how she gave us the great news with no ice breaker.
Today was no different, there was no emotion or giveaway on her face as she did the ultrasound. I asked  what she was looking for and she said they measure the lining thickness and she checks to make sure the ovaries are "quiet". I kept looking at her waiting for me to tell me my lining thickness and volume of my ovaries, but I got nothing. She said they would contact me this afternoon. Then right as she was about to walk out she said "You've done this before right? So you know the shots are coming..." I said she was correct and knew all about the shots.  I may be reading into her brief words but since she mentioned the shots I am going to assume my lining was good and ovaries were quiet and we will still be starting the POI shots tonight.

Side note, while looking at a group of current articles that gets sent to my work email, one of the titles was 'Twin Birthrate Drops For First Time Since The '80s' and my first thought was "not if I have anything to do with it!"

Update: Lining looked great, though there was a little bit of fluid. We are still on for starting the POI shots tonight which the clinic says should help to get rid of the fluid in time.

Next apt: Sunday October 6th at 9:30 to confirm the fluid is gone and give us clearance to transfer those babies!

If we do transfer the babies Tuesday they should be born in June! :-)


The view from NRM. The leaves are changing!

Getting ready for the first shot!






 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment