Thursday, October 24, 2019

Baseline ultraound and bloodwork

I feel like one of the more inquisitive patients of the clinic, always asking what each test is for and what we are looking for and at in the ultrasounds. This surrogacy journey I am more familiar with the tight lipped ultrasound tech and keep my questions to a minimum to get what I feel like I should be aware of. At the baseline ultrasound for our first transfer, I think my lining was around 3.5mm which I was told "looked good". At today's baseline ultrasound for this upcoming transfer, it was around 6.25, which she said was a little thick but the blood work would tell us if that was my baseline. The nurse who took my blood said if I was still bleeding (which I am) it would continue to thin out so I am assuming we should be nice and thinned out by tomorrow when I start the Estrace again.

Three weeks and counting until transfer day. Patty and Shawn are planning on driving in for the transfer and it will be great to see them and give big hugs for what this journey has brought us so far.

A failed transfer is a scary thing for all of us, questing why it didn't work and if the next will be successful. Moving forward I feel I have a different sort of hope for this transfer, without the naivety of assuming it will work, but the joy of thinking of Patty and Shaw's faces when they finally get to hold their baby. We will do this until it works and that moment comes.

UPDATE: ultrasound and blood work looked great so we start meds today!

No comments:

Post a Comment